►Қҧрлықтар мен кейбір елдердің аттарының алдында
► Қала аттары: Almaty, Astana, New-York
► Дәреже, лауазым, атақты білдіретін зат есімдерінің алдында
Doctor Watson, Lord Byron, Admiral Nelson, Professor Azimov, Mr.White, Comrade Ivanov
► Ғылым салаларының аттарында I like mathematics and chemistry
at night, at home, at work, at first sight, at sunset, by train (bus, boat, tram), in conclusion, by air (water, sea, land), by heart day and night, by chance from morning to (till) night, by mistake
►Breakfast, lunch, dinner сӛздерінің алдында
►Егер зат есім сан есіммен тіркесіп келсе (Noun + number) Have you got these shoes in size 38?
► Мейрам, фестиваль, апта, ай аттарының алдында Nauryz, Easter, Christmas, Wednesday
►Егер зат есімдер жалпы (жинақтау) мағынасында келсе: Dogs are domestic animals.
►Кӛше аттары, саябақ және алаң аттарының алдында
►Танымал жер аттары
Егер бҧл зат есімнің бірінші сӛзі кісі аты болса, артикльсіз қолданылады:
Victoria Station, Westminster Abbey, Edinburgh Castle, Buckingham Palace, Cambridge University, Kennedy Airport
▪ Her brother is in prison for robbery.
▪ Omar had an accident last week. He was taken to hospital. He is still in hospital now.
мақсатпен барылатын болса
▪ She went to the prison to visit his brother
▪ Azat has gone to the hospital to visit Omar. He is at the hospital now.
1. Fill in the definite or indefinite article if necessary:
1. a. This house is very nice. Has it got _______ garden?
2. a. Can you recommend _______ good restaurant?
4. a. There isn‟t _______ airport near where I live _______ nearest airport is 70 miles away.
„No, _______ week after next.‟
2. Use the proper article:
1.Come to … blackboard and write … Exercise 12.
2.You have … spelling mistake in … word “nursery”.
3.He is … old friend of mine.
4.There came … tap at … door and in another moment we saw … small girl enter … room.
5.He is young artist and, I should say, rather talented.
6.He gave her … cigarette and lighted it.
7.I don‟t feel … sympathy towards this man.
8. They are going to build … new house.
9.Are … rooms in your flat large or small?
10. … hour is a long time. In … hour you can read … newspaper, or write … letter.
11.What … beautiful music he is playing!
12.In every remark he found … meaning but not always the true meaning.
13.There is … curiosity in her look.
14. … Sand fords have … nice house … house isn‟t large but comfortable.
3. Find the right answer.
For example: Sue was very helpful. She gave me some good
advice / advices („advice‟ is right)
4. Fill in the definite or indefinite article if necessary:
6.There is … garden and … lawn in front of her Institute. … garden is not large, but it is very beautiful.
7.The students of your group must be in … Room №30.
5. Fill the sentences with under words. Put the article „the‟ is necessary.
6. Circle a or an in the following sentences. Write “C” on the left if the sentences is correct. Write “NC” if the sentences is not correct. Correct the error.
_____ 1. Indonesia is a country made up of thousand of islands.
______2. Greenland is an big island with a permanent ice cap covering it.
______3. The Bahamas, which consist of 700 islands, have a superb climate.
______4. Robinson Crusoe is a character in a book by Daniel Defoe.
______5. Robinson Crusoe spent twenty years with his friend Man Friday on a uninhabited island.
______6. New Guinea is a country where there are a 700 languages.
______7. Etna is an active volcano on the island of Sicily.
______8. On the island of Borneo, there is a snake that can fly or leap up to 20 meters.
______9. The plants and an animals that live on an island may develop to be quite different.
7. Fill in the blanks with the correct article a, an, the or Ǿ and translate them.